Planning for your children’s education expenses can be a daunting task. Four years of private secondary schools can cost $120,000 or more while college expenses can breach the $200,000 mark. Plug in an inflation factor and it’s easy to see why parents can be overwhelmed at the prospect of solving this financial need.
Like most major financial goals, a long term, well thought-out plan is critical. We can help.
Plan for Success – Your Values, Your Goals, Smart Decisions
We can help, so let’s get started:
- When is the best time to start planning for your children’s education? Now. The sooner you start, the more you can accomplish.
- Identify realistic goals. Is private secondary education a goal? Is a college education a goal?
- Identify current resources and a realistic savings goal.
- Is financial aide realistic?
- Identify tax advantaged savings opportunities.
- Integrate Education Planning with other important financial goals, especially Retirement Planning.
What we won’t advise:
- Should you reduce your contributions to your retirement plan? NO!
- Should you borrow against your 401k plan? This is last resort planning. The sooner you start, the less likely you are to jeopardize your own future to help your children.
- Should you dump your liquid assets into life insurance policy to qualify for financial aid? NEVER
Let us help you achieve success. Plan wisely so you can provide a great education for your kids without placing your future at risk.